Saturday, January 31, 2009

Some pictures of the latest finished work (by Misty)

This is Misty. I have taken over Mom's (Sony's) blog for the night. I took some photos for her last weekend on some of her finished work for Agave and a few "what-nots". It was like old times when I lived around the corner. At one point we had 3 kilns going, pictures being taken, web desiging going on, and of course, alot of chatting & coffee! It was a fun weekend and I so wish I lived closer, but.......

Here is the finished look of the pots in the Blue set. I LOVE this set! Mom did an amazing job with it. It is also apparently the favorite for most people who have seen it too. It is so rich, old-world looking. I think this set will do wonderfully!

This is the blue green set that reminds me of some of the waters near the Bahama's and in south Florida. I think it came out great and will also do well. Don't these plates just make you want to fix an amazing meal & open that special bottle of wine, and watch the sun set!

This piece was a Raku firing. I hope this picture does it justice. It was amazing piece up close, so full of life & depth. I have done a few Raku firings with Mom and it is always interesting to see what comes out (and sometimes what doesn't come out!).
The first time Mom talked about doing horse hair pottery, I thought she was loosing it. But now I can't get enough of the it! It is so much fun to do! One day she should tell you about her Annie Pot. Yes, the pot is named after the dog-can you guess why?

I will have to practice photographing the bowls. I really don't think the picture shows it as well as if you were holding & looking at it. I have the dragonfly coffe cup which is my absolute favorite cup! I drink my coffee almost every morning from it.

When Mom told me she wanted to name her pottery something special I never would have thought she would include me. It has been such an honor to be apart of this journey in my Mom's life and to be able to help out with it when I can.
Mom, you are my inspiration! Thank-you! Love ya, Misty




1 comment:

  1. I"m so glad you enjoy the new look & liked the pics I put up for you!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete