Sunday, January 4, 2009

My new adventure - entering the world of the "BLOG". I hope to use it as way of showcasing new work, letting people know where my work can be seen or purchased, what I'm doing with the clay, yarn, wood and fibers and where I hope to go with all of this.

Who am I?
Well, wife of 38 years to a really cute guy, Frank.
Mother to three awesome kids, Misty, Travis and Jeremy.
Mother-in-law to Beau and Natasha and future mother-in-law to Angie.
Grandmother to Kayla (13), Alexis (9), River, Rayne, JuJu & Skye (2) - yes , they are quads.

I'm a potter, painter, knitter, crafter, teacher and lover of life.

So, a little about my work. My pottery is a mixture of functional pieces, horsehair, raku and mixed media. A gallery of my work can be seen at www.misopottery.com I am currently working with Agave Rd, a event location , to create a line of pottery to carry their label as well as a line of knitting related pottery for Yarntopia (www.yarntopiaonline.com) . My favorite work is the the horsehair pieces. More about that in a later blog with pictures. Also, I love mixing found wood pieces with the pottery to create one-of-a-kind art pieces. One of these can be seen on the front page of this blog.
As a knitter, I love "altering" patterns to meet my creative spirit. I teach knitting at Yarntopia along with a before school program for 4th & 5th graders. I taught my mom at 81 and several of her friends to knit last year and they've since started a huge prayer shawl ministry along with knitting for troops, orphans, nursing homes and chuch bazaars. You go, girls!!!!!!
As a teacher, I love the kids and watching them explore the world of art. But boy can it be tiring and challenging.
So there I am in a nutshell - I would rather walk through the woods, than the mall, watch a flock of geese overhead instead of a movie (unless it's Phantom of the Opera), or play with my granddaughters instead of travel the world (been there, done that and have the tee shirts to prove it).
So now the adventure begins........

1 comment: