Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dreams of childhood are real...

I always ask my students what they want to be when they grow up. I love their honest and uninhibited answers. They have no boundries. When I was little I had a dream = to be an artist. To paint when I wanted to , to play with clay when I wanted to and to make things how and when I wanted. To be an artist......
But I found out that the Lord had other plans for me first. He led me to Frank, and gave me time to play and grow with Misty, Travis and Jeremy. He taught me humility, patience, perseverance, and love. He strengthened me, made me limber enough to bend, able to ask for forgiveness and to give forgiveness. He showed me the world and the beauty in all things large and small , but mostly in people. He taught me to get up when I fell, to reach out and help someone else who had fallen and to not look down at those less fortunate, because they may be more blessed than you in the things that matter. He showed me that you give where it is needed, not to balance an account. And He taught me that tomorrow will always hold new promises of joy and laughter even as the tears fall.
He knew that I needed these lessons before I was ready to be an artist.
Today I give all glory and thanks for these lessons - for He has blessed me with the opportunity to live the dream I felt as a child. Starting June 4 I become a full time artist, as I retire from teaching but not from life. Thank you, Lord!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for you! Woohoo! Love you! I am the blessed one for having such a wonderful, talented, and caring MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing Sony the way I do, this message sounds just like her. She is a wonderful person and such an inspriation. Why can't the rest of us learn as much as she has! I will just have to treasure her words of wisdom and hope they sink in...

    ReplyDelete